Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Very Meaningless Encounters


Been a busy week, so the blog's been dormant. My mom visited on the weekend. I forget what else happened before that. And then I hooked up with this guy. (Later, I found out that he is also this guy, but I didn't know that -- not the ad I responded to, and he was too embarrassed to admit that was him at first.... but it became apparent eventually...)

And he was a nice guy. Mike. Lovely time. I might see him again before he leaves town, I dunno. I'm actually not sure if he really enjoyed himself. I think he did, but I guess this is my own insecurity that inevitably comes up, especially after Stuart.

But also it reinforces my feeling that no encounter is meaningless. This was very instructive. Mike reminded me that all I really want is a nice boyfriend, not a nice hookup. (And Mike is not boyfriend material, that's for sure, even if he lived in my city.)

And of course I've been reading Stuart's blog, and getting annoyed. He's doing a reading in Cobourg, where the new hooker -- I mean, girlfriend -- lives.

I had more to say but I'm late for work, and now just annoyed and fixated on Stuart.

No comments: